[DeTomaso] ideas as to removing aluminum head

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:14:04 EST 2021

Hi Steven,

Listen to Dan and Thomas.  A3 heads are soft.  Every time I've removed mine, I had to remove the studs first.  They very slightly compress and clamp down on the studs.

Jack's suggestions are very good too.  If you don't have a starter handy, you can use a compression tester and an air hose - but be careful.  The pressure will push the piston to BDC.  If you're not expecting it, you might be surprised at the force.  It won't wait for you to get fingers/etc. out of the way.

Will.