[DeTomaso] 10 Things Everyone Forgot About The De Tomaso Pantera

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 11 17:21:22 EST 2021

 Great to hear DeTomaso owners have so much in common.
Back to "HotCars"The article still makes me want to give this another piece of my mind.... to wit...
"It was supposed to be a mid-engine sports car, sadly the nature of the heavy old Cleveland pushrod engine is that it needed an equally heavy transmission.  Thus, the combined weight ended up right above the rear wheels, making it a handful in the corners. It left most people disillusioned with a car that just kept on trying not to be the sports car Ford told them it was going to be."
This guy obviously knows nothing about center of Mass or center of gravity.    The Cleveland, at about 500 lbs and well forward of the transaxle, is about 6.5 times the weight of the ZF  ("...equally heavy transmission".... indeed).  Mid engine to be sure.
(Sarcasm)  I guess the same holds for the Ford GT-40 with a 427 and the ZF ?? (End Sarcasm).
What is the evaluation of the Maserati Bora?There was no comment about "heavy transmission" in their BMW M1 review.
HotCars .... BullSh*t indeed.
Bohdan G.