[DeTomaso] 10 Things Everyone Forgot About The De Tomaso Pantera

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 10 10:20:50 EST 2021

 What a bunch of Garbage.
In 1975, I  was in a Lincoln-Mercury Dealer showroom where a yellow DeTomaso Pantera was on display with a metallic brown Ford Capri.  I bought the car I could afford at the time - the Capri.  But the DeTomaso Pantera was marketed by the brochures of the day as a DeTomaso Pantera imported by Ford for Lincoln-Mercury.  As was the Capri I may add.
Perhaps the author did not live during the era of the Pantera's introduction
Not a Sports Car ??????
"...Group 4 cars won EGTC rounds in Italy, Belgium, and Germany with Mike Parkes and the Swiss talent Clay Regazzoni driving, though the Pantera GT4’s greatest success came at the 1973 Giro d’Italia. The first iteration of the event in its modern history, it encompassed circuit racing, time trials, and hill climbs, where the Pantera of Casoni and Minganti defeated the biggest marques of the moment across three arduous days of racing...."
In researching the article, the author should have reviewed the Car magazines of the day.
I guess the Lotus Europa of the day was not a sports car because it had a Ford Twin Cam 4 cylinder ?  During the day, many Marques used other companies engines.   This was common right up to Formula 1- where all engines (in 1974-1975) were either Ford-Cosworth or Ferrari.
What a bunch of Garbage or "Bovine Scat-ology"How does this get any oxygen?
Just goes to show that just because it is on the internet, Twitter, Facebook, does not make it true.  The ignorant are easily duped as January 6th 2021 had proved.