[DeTomaso] POCA website forum

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:47:20 EST 2021

I think many of us are 'all in' on the various methods of sharing our passion for all things De Tomaso, plus sharing some thoughts we probably shouldn't! Email is easy, it's delivered to our computer, phone, tablet whatever tech medium we use, no login, internet browser etc. required.

The email list is also perhaps the last truly free speech forum with no membership fee, no biased fact checkers, no censorship and no forcing one subject/vendor to the top because they paid more than the other guy. Moreover, when I discuss a topic via the email forum, I don't then immediately get 20 Amazon pop up ads to purchase the item that truly bears no resemblance to that which I simply mentioned in passing....

Yes, an email forum is antiquated, but in case you haven't been out lately (due to COVID I assume) so are many of us! Forums don't always have great search capability and even with those that do I find repetition is the common theme over time, it's surprising how many of those digitally skilled newcomers never think to use a search engine first! Let's face it, there is only so much content that can be covered in 50 years, even the POCA Newsletters are repetitive to a point, pretty much every Pantera related question has been answered somewhere. But just maybe it isn't all tied up in the question, but the opportunity to interact with other like-minded souls and discuss......

IMO the POCA forum is likely so close format to the PI forum that it failed partially because it was second to the post. I expect the latest POCA effort to form a registry to equally fail as Chuck Melton is already "Mr. De Tomaso Registry".
Facebook groups now have a good following, although I get tired of the DeJa'Vu repetition of having to see the same post or photo every time someone 'likes' it and then conversely never being able to find the one post I saw with useful content I want to go back to!

On the subject of subforums, I have created subfolders in my email archives and topics that have content or that I might reference in the future get pigeon holed accordingly.

Julian