[DeTomaso] pushrod length

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:11:11 EST 2021

Hi Charles,

I had a set of custom pushrods from Smith Brothers 0.083 x 7.800" w/ 0.040
Restrictors for my roller rockers (Crane CR-36532-16) with a crane cam
(Crane #523942 I/E 216/228 524/519).

Not sure what you are running for rollers... but hopefully that will get
you in the ballpark.

Enjoy,

Best regards,
-dt
Don Thomas

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 9:55 PM Charles McCall <charlesmccall at gmail.com>
wrote:

>    Good point Julian. The last stroker they put in a Pantera was 4-5 years
>    ago now and is in Oriol's car (don't know if you met him - I don't
>    remember who attended which years of LMC sometimes). They also did
>    another Cleveland about the same time for another Pantera, and Oriol's
>    GT40 is running well and gets regular use. But they are far from
>    experts in the Cleveland.A
>    At some point you take a decision - you either go ahead selecting a
>    shop based on some references or you don't... the oil leak has been 10
>    years now so I wanted to fix it while the car is sitting. But the shop
>    definitely needs a helping hand and I have my fingers crossed....
>
>    On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:56 AM Julian Kift
>    <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>    They may have assembled American V8's, the crucial question to ask here
>    is how long did they stay together.... I suggest they acquire or
>    fabricate a tool, not too hard with some small threaded rod, steel tube
>    and a thread tap. I'm across town from Summit Racing Sparks NV store,
>    if you need something purchased and shipped out to them for peace of
>    mind let me know.
>    Julian

   Hi Charles,A
   I had a set of custom pushrodsA from Smith Brothers 0.083 x 7.800" w/
   0.040 Restrictors for my roller rockers (Crane CR-36532-16) with a
   crane cam (Crane #523942 I/E 216/228 524/519).A
   Not sure what you are running for rollers... but hopefully that will
   get you in the ballpark.A
   Enjoy,A