[DeTomaso] Lowered Floor Pans for more headroom

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 13:27:52 EST 2021

Christer,

Since my floors were rusted to the point of translucency, they were cit away and replaced with a full-length flat floor during the car’s restoration. It was not a well thought-out plan because the stock floors are angled (which is true of most cars I think) and with my Recaro seat rails bolted to the flat floor, it feels like they are tilted forward. I had to elevate the front of them and it’s still not enough.

Rather than hacking up your floors, you should seriously consider excavating some of the seat foam.  Your seats are likely far more thick than they need to be, and you could probably achieve what you want at an upholstery shop rather than a body shop....

Mike

Sent from my iPad