[DeTomaso] Lowered Floor Pans for more headroom

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:47:55 EST 2021

The vendors sell varying degrees of drop from 1 to 3" if I recall, many of these 'pans' are exactly that, a replacement pan to be welded in which also drops the front of the seat pan and depending on your seat style can restrict seat travel forward.

The triangular insert method avoids the forward seat movement restriction above, but does only really lower the rear of the seat i.e. adjust rake to lie back more.

Significantly more work, but a more complete solution is to replace the entire floor pan lowered like the later 9000 series cars. Of course, one can slope the pan starting much more forward and remove the cross brace mid-way. Add some bead rolled ribs to strengthen the pan and/or your own lowered cross brace.

Julian