[DeTomaso] Kindig Pantera progect

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 12:59:41 EST 2021

I haven't seen the third episode with the final rendition, but a photo of a screen or monitor is a terrible way to judge a car as every monitor depicts color differently. If the car is truly that bright a lime green, I fear Ernie got sucked in by Dave wanting a Lambo color and perhaps he should have stuck to his guns. It would have been so neat to have taken the early De Tomaso lime green or aqua green and pulled a little bit of history in IMO. The bright lime color doesn't appear to show the lines well, although that may be the lighting combined with the low-quality screen shot. Side view on, it isn't as bulbous as I thought it might look while still in bare metal, the wheels don't look as large and the stretch makes for a proportional modern update. I'd have to say at first glance and from the single low-quality photo compared to other highly modified, high dollar build Pantera's I've seen, like the Ring Brothers or the wannabe Ford GT, this is pretty good. But I'd have to hold final opinion until I see additional details and overall finish.

I have a lot of respect for the work that Kindig do, the metalwork and fabrication always appears to be top notch on TV, I'm sure there are snafu's behind the scenes, but I sure wish I could shape and fabricate in metal like those guys.

Julian