[DeTomaso] How come Alejandro de Tomaso called his most famous car a Pantera ?

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:43:14 EST 2021

"I "thought" it was a comment comparing a pouncing cat with all that
"power" in the rear haunches"

That's how Tom Tjaarda described the design in his speeches. Do not know if
he actually used it as a design consideration or if it came into use as a
marketing construct after the car was already named.

Jeff
6559

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 8:08 PM JFByrd via DeTomaso <

   "I "thought" it was a comment comparing a pouncing cat with all that
   "power" in the rear haunches"

   That's how Tom Tjaarda described the design in his speeches. Do not
   know if he actually used it as a design consideration or if it came
   into use as a marketing construct after the car was already named.A