[DeTomaso] spare tire/wheel

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 20:33:32 EST 2021

My car has the luggage rack, I could tie down the flat tire there in an
emergency while running w the spare

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021, 7:30 PM Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A can of tire sealant, tire plug set and a AAA card.  Even if you carry a
> space saver spare, you still have to find room for the full size tire your
> removed, on my GT5 that's a challenge if on a trip with a passenger.
>
> If you really want peace of mind, I'd suggest get a modern 5x4.5 space
> saver tire, plenty available at your local Pick 'N' Pull yard. Not knowing
> what wheel/tire combination you are running I'd suggest get one with
> approximately the same average overall tire diameter.
>
> Julian
>
> ------------------------------

-------------- next part --------------
   My car has the luggage rack, I could tie down the flat tire there in an
   emergency while running w the spareA

   On Sat, Dec 4, 2021, 7:30 PM Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>
   wrote:

   A can of tire sealant, tire plug set and a AAA card.A  Even if you
   carry a space saver spare, you still have to find room for the full
   size tire your removed, on my GT5 that's a challenge if on a trip with
   a passenger.
   If you really want peace of mind, I'd suggest get a modern 5x4.5 space
   saver tire, plenty available at your local Pick 'N' Pull yard. Not
   knowing what wheel/tire combination you are running I'd suggest get one
   with approximately the same average overall tire diameter.
   Julian

   Many years ago, sadly my father threw away the spare tire/wheel.
   What would be the recommendation for a spare tire/wheel/jack for the'73
   ?
   Thanks,
   Konrad