[DeTomaso] Bushing removal tool

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Tue Aug 31 14:15:31 EDT 2021

I have found it is a lot easier to use a puller to get rubber suspension bushings out.  No cutting or torches required.

If you look carefully at this picture, you can see the head of a carriage bolt on the lower end of the bushings, which is seated in the metal tube in the center of the bushings.

The crescent wrench provides a little space and leverage for the bushing to pull through the A-Arm sleeve.

The metal U-Channel is where a washer and nut is set, and the ratchet pulls the carriage bolt through the A-Arm.

Try it out.  Once you get the lip of the bushing into the A-Arm sleeve, you can pretty much use leverage with the crescent wrench on the A-Arm sleeve to pull the bushing through.

Lots easier than other methods I have tried, and works well for reinstall of new bushings, as well.

Chuck