[DeTomaso] low rise garage lift

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 14:19:17 EDT 2021

There was recently a discussion on an inexpensive lift that one would have to put jack stands under to feel safe crawling under it.
Just wanted to report my experience with mine, the USA-made Bend Pak. My garage has a low ceiling beam, so the low-rise is all I could fit, but it has been great.  Every time I use mine it reinforces my feeling that it the best money I ever spent on a car-related thing. (No, I don't have stock in the company. :))
It is extremely well made and sturdy and, very importantly, can be locked at 3 different heights. While that might not seem to be that important, it really is. You can lock it low to make it comfortable to take the wheels off and on or high enough to polish the exhaust tips or bumper while sitting comfortably on a stool, and choose the height in between to comfortably reach into the engine bay without having to bend over or strain to reach.  The high setting provides plenty of room to use a creeper to get to the underside to work on the air conditioning compressor or anything else.  Of course, it can be raised to any intermediate height for temporary work if you don't need to lock it for safety.
As I become older the ability to make the work comfortable for me makes the difference whether I do it or not.
Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with those of you who don't have room for a full-height lift.
Jim

https://tinyurl.com/jyjhb9c