[DeTomaso] ZF Adjustment

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Mon Aug 23 14:39:18 EDT 2021

 I do it this way also but you only need to loosen one jam nut.
    On Monday, August 23, 2021, 11:16:55 AM PDT, George B <gkb1968 at hotmail.com> wrote:

   Dan,

  The procedure I found (or figured out over the years) is as follows:

  -Loosen turnbuckle jam nuts

  -Put ZF into reverse gear by hand (not very easy)

  -Put shifter in reverse.  Could put cardboard or something in place to
  hold shifter centered in gate

  -Carefully tighten turnbuckle jam nuts

  If you are sure which gear the ZF is actually in, you could center the
  shifter in that gear to get started as it will be a much easier
  process. Then do final adjustment in reverse gear as it seems to be
  more accurate in that gear.
  Hope this helps.
  George