[DeTomaso] What is the tube on the left side of this Pantera lower cowling

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:06:07 EDT 2021

Chuck,

 I suspect that you're right, but I also suspect that the engineering and
effect of this HVAC feature is very suboptimal unless the fan is on.  Is
that correct?

First of all. let me give credit where credit is due. As usual, Mike's
description is sooo much better.

So, yes, you are correct.

Jeff
6559

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 8:10 AM Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
>
>                     I have heard old tales that the L model Panteras were
> equipped to permit cockpit ventilation.   I could not comprehend the
> owner's manual description of how to use the controls to accomplish
> ventilation via external air flow.  Whatever combination of levels settings
> I tried, I could never perceive any airflow out of the vents nor sense any
> airflow in the cabin.
>
>                     I suspect that you're right, but I also suspect that
> the engineering and effect of this HVAC feature is very suboptimal unless
> the fan is on.  Is that correct?
>
>                                Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

-------------- next part --------------
   Chuck,
   A I suspect that you're right, but I also suspect that the engineering
   and effect of this HVAC feature is very suboptimal unless the fan is
   on.A  Is that correct?
   First of all.A let me give credit where credit is due. As usual, Mike's
   description is sooo much better.
   So, yes, you are correct.
   Jeff
   6559

   On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 8:10 AM Charles Engles <[1]cengles at cox.net>
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  I have heard old tales that the L
     model Panteras were equipped to permit cockpit ventilation.A  A I
     could not comprehend the owner's manual description of how to use
     the controls to accomplish ventilation via external air flow.A
     Whatever combination of levels settings I tried, I could never
     perceive any airflow out of the vents nor sense any airflow in the
     cabin.A
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  I suspect that you're right, but I
     also suspect that the engineering and effect of this HVAC feature is
     very suboptimal unless the fan is on.A  Is that correct?
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A Warmest regards,
     Chuck Engles
     [3]jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com> wrote:
     >A  A  On my '74 it is for fresh air to heater fan I think.
     >

     >A  A  Jim Kosloskey
     >

     >A  A  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
     >

     >A  A  -------- Original message --------
     >
     >A  A  From: Mike & Elizabeth <[4]mbefthomas2 at gmail.com>
     >
     >A  A  Date: 8/20/21 5:54 PM (GMT-05:00)
     >
     >A  A  To: 'Detomaso List' <[5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
     >
     >A  A  Subject: [DeTomaso] What is the tube on the left side of this
     > Pantera
     >
     >A  A  lower cowling
     >

     >A  A

     [6]https://www.ebay.com/itm/203311639986?hash=item2f56516db2:g:eBEAA