[DeTomaso] Thought for the day

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:16:14 EDT 2021

I am amazed at how the size of new cars is increasing. When I go to a car
show, the pantera just feels small. Or parking next to a pickup truck.
Here's a new Countach next to an original.

[image: COUNTACH-LPI800-4-9-2048x1208.jpg]

With all the talk of fuel economy, you'd think cars would be
getting smaller? Apparently the market disagrees.

>From DeTomaso's buddy, Colin Chapman:
“*Simplify, then add lightness.*”
*“Adding power makes you faster on the straights; subtracting weight makes
you faster everywhere”*

Jeff
6559