[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Sunday, August 1, 2021

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 1 12:28:28 EDT 2021

Hi guys,

Lightly pimped-out Pantera GTS, an unusually frequent flyer on the auction and sales circuit for some reason, fails to meet reserve. (See results below)

Here is the car:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FA0721-485001/1974-detomaso-pantera-gts/

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHGTNE06915/RTHGTNE06915.asp

Historically it has never sold for what the seller seemed to believe it was worth, even while nominally similar but far more original cars consistently have sold for more. I think the high bid should have taken this car.  It is unquestionably a better driver than a bone stock car, but the big-bucks collectors don’t care about stuff like that.

It will be interesting to see if a deal is done after the auction, or if it appears as a last-minute addition to the next Mecum auction?

Mike

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

-------------- next part --------------

   [1]https://www.mecum.com/lots/FA0721-485001/1974-detomaso-pantera-gts/

   [2]http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHGTNE06915/
   RTHGTNE06915.asp

   Historically it has never sold for what the seller seemed to believe it
   was worth, even while nominally similar but far more original cars
   consistently have sold for more. I think the high bid should have taken
   this car.  It is unquestionably a better driver than a bone stock car,
   but the big-bucks collectors don't care about stuff like that.

   It will be interesting to see if a deal is done after the auction, or
   if it appears as a last-minute addition to the next Mecum auction?

   Mike
   Sent from my iPad
   Begin forwarded message:

   Hammer Price : Auction Results In Real Time
   Portfolio Report Sunday, August 1, 2021
   Pantera
   1.
   1974 DeTomaso High Bid $120,000 USD
   Pantera 'L' EST. PRICE $0-$0 USD
   EXTERIOR N/A
   Mecum
   INTERIOR N/A
   Lot 183.1    Orlando: Summer Special
   CHASSIS N-o THGTNE06915
   July 31, 2021    5:37PM (EST)
   De Tomaso
   1.
   1974 DeTomaso High Bid $120,000 USD
   Pantera 'L' EST. PRICE $0-$0 USD
   EXTERIOR N/A
   Mecum
   INTERIOR N/A
   Lot 183.1    Orlando: Summer Special
   CHASSIS N-o THGTNE06915
   July 31, 2021    5:37PM (EST)
   Too much mail? Adjust your Hammer Price notification preferences in the
   app using Settings.
   (c) 2021 Live Auction Results, LLC