[DeTomaso] Help with Modifications

GERRY ROMACK gr2835 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 18:39:01 EDT 2020

When Dave Doddek and some Great Lakes members helped with the R&R of my 74L we removed the dash for the AC modifications. My car has race shutoff valves for the heater tubes in the engine compartment. The only thing holding the tube together that connects to the heater control valve and the heater was the rubber hose. The ends of the original tubes were rusted almost totally through. Stainless tubes from Dennis Quella helped restore the heater connections. ( You must drill the spot welds on the passenger side of the console. Cut the tubes in half with a Sawzall from the console opening and remove the rotten tubes. New tubes must be installed from the engine compartment which means you must remove the engine and transmission. This is the perfect time to install stainless radiator tubes
at the same time.
Good Luck,
Gerry Romack