[DeTomaso] Help with Modifications

Richard Greenblum richard at richardgreenblum.com
Sun Sep 27 15:32:24 EDT 2020

All,

1.  In the process of replacing my engine, I'm going to be installing a new
lay-down radiator.  I've removed the Meriah fans and have been told the
mounting brackets are not structural.  It looks to me like cutting them out
altogether will leave the lower section weaker allowing it to move or
vibrate.  Did those of you with lay-downs cut all of the brackets away, or
leave the most frontal section of them?

2.  Has anyone replaced the water tubes that run inside the tunnel?  I
haven't removed the dash or center section, just the console which exposed
virtually nothing but what you can see through the hole in the tunnel
(obviously no help).  Can you remove the rivets in the engine bay,
pry/chisel the retaining plate away from the bulkhead, then remove some form
of retainer(s) close to the evaporator box and swap them, or does it take
very serious surgery?

Thank you,

Richard

Austin, TX