[DeTomaso] Rear Wheel Bearing

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:29:26 EDT 2020

No reason other than possible cost differential and obtaining assurances the rebuilt ones have been correctly rebuilt and not just had a set of bearings installed. As Larry stated it is common for the bearings to spin on the axles as factory axles were a little undersize for the required press fit. The spacer mating face condition is also pretty critical. Reusing scored axles in a rebuild will put you right back in the same position in very few miles.

The vendors offer rebuilt units on a core exchange basis as well, I know Larry Stock is thorough on his rebuilds, at least he was when I was doing them for him.....

Julian