[DeTomaso] Paint protective film

Jack Dunn,111 po917k at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 18:25:04 EDT 2020

I had 3M film professionally applied to my Superformance GT40 in 2012, and it totally stopped the rock chips. Rock chips on the wide rear flared hips and lower nose bodywork had been a real problem before the film.
And no yellowing yet (fingers crossed).

I also had multi layer plastic film applied to the windshield, similar to tear off covers on some racecar windshields. Afterwards, no more windshield nicks and scratches.

Dennis Olthoff in North Carolina was in charge of the protective film installations, and whoever he had do the installations did first class work. I’m pleased, and I’d recommend both types of plastic protective film for our cars that are driven as they’re meant to be driven.

Jack

Sent from my iPhone