[DeTomaso] Paint protective film

Vinh Ly vinh.d.ly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:58:38 EDT 2020

I had a similar experience to Jim Kosloskey on my everyday driver.  Had the
film professionally applied back in 2005 and it gradually developed a
yellow tint and looked awful.  Not sure of the brand that was used.

Hopefully they have worked through the issues.

Regards,
Vinh Ly

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 08:48 Jim Kosloskey <jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com>
wrote:

> I have a Motor Home with some 3M film on the front. It was factory
> applied. The rig is a 2007 and after about 6 years the covering began
> looking terrible. Hopefully the new stuff is better but this is such a
> known issue with Motor Homes a small industry has been built to remove the
> film without damaging the paint underneath.
>

> I am told once the film hardens (around 5 years) it is very difficult to
> remove without damaging the paint.
>

> But, again, hopefully the newer product are longer lasting and not as
> difficult to remove.
>

> Jim

   I had a similar experience to Jim Kosloskey on my everyday driver.A
   Had the film professionally applied back in 2005 and it gradually
   developed a yellow tint and looked awful.A  Not sure of the brand that
   was used.A