[DeTomaso] Paint protective film

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:59:00 EDT 2020

Scott

As a do it yourself guy. I've done some basic applications using the 3M
product on my GT5.  The hood, running boards, rear valence aft of the back
wheels and 1st foot of the front hood.  It is a bit challenging to apply
w/o experience.  I wish that I had the talent to do concave and compound
curves, but I don't.  I would opine that if you want the front end done
right, use a professional.  The material is not inexpensive and, like saran
wrap, can fold over on itself real quickly. Unlike saran wrap, it is not
coming back apart. The process can be real frustrating.  I used soapy water
on the surface and then squeegied it out.  The pros go dry so they can
stretch the material necessary for curves.

JT