[DeTomaso] Need Collective Wisdom: To Undercoat or Not?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:18:08 EDT 2020

You'll probably get a lot of opinions, but as you say I think it's a case of intended use combined with what climate you live in.

I do personally believe that the rubberized undercoating's from the likes of 3M are probably the best way to go under fenders etc. to prevent rock chips etc., particularly if you are using a stickier compound summer tire. Sealing up gaps and openings for water spray are probably as equally important for those in the Pacific North West!

I know there are a plethora of bedliner materials available now, but in talking with someone whom had done some time ago it they said it was terrible for retaining dust and hard to wipe down.

Julian