[DeTomaso] Need Collective Wisdom: To Undercoat or Not?

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:54:45 EDT 2020

I will have the same question when 6328 nears that point in her restoration as I have decided to have my guy take it down to bare metal.  One question I would think is what do you intend to do with the car when it's back together?  If the (correct) answer is drive it, as I intend to do, I'll likely have some form of undercoating/rust/noise/moisture protection put back onto the bottom of the car and in the wheel wells.  We'll see what the recommendations are.  Right now I'm leaning towards a bed-liner type product for the engine bay, a fine-texture variety such as what Larry Finch had on his car (Larry?), so may carry that over to the underside.

Mike Thomas