[DeTomaso] Engine mounts

Bob rcbsons1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 12:28:14 EDT 2020

Never had any issues with the mounts but
have had numerous issues with mount bolts to the engine.  Broken ones, fallen out ones
Seems the passenger side ones like to break

Did not make sense to me but Tommy Hodges told me the engine wants to
torque up on the driver side... it then tries
to push the engine over and snap goes the bolt.  Yes did grade 5/8 etc

I do auto cross the car a bunch and with the
way better tire compounds of today something has to give   You can see the cracks in various places on the car even

I have an additional strap that ties my engine down to the frame now and it has been good for a few years   I also clearanced the passenger side mount holes slightly to let things move if they want

Bob Benson
Sent from my iPhone