[DeTomaso] Pedestal-puck-puck-mount or Pedestal-puck-mount-puck ?

Thomas Törnblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Sep 1 03:50:21 EDT 2020

You can tell that the drawing is not showing the correct order of the
parts as that would cause the nut to also be on the underside of the
motor mount.

Clamping everything together without the top puck will cause engine
vibrations to transfer to the pedestals and thus increase vibrations and
noise, or?

Thomas

Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:    thomas at hax.se
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18
              S - 754 40 Uppsala, Sweden  Mobile:   +46 76 209 8320

-------------- next part --------------
   You can tell that the drawing is not showing the correct order of the
   parts as that would cause the nut to also be on the underside of the
   motor mount.
   Clamping everything together without the top puck will cause engine
   vibrations to transfer to the pedestals and thus increase vibrations
   and noise, or?
   Thomas

   I feel the same way. Mike. I deleted the upper pucks in our '72 since
   the only time the upper puck really seems to function is over a big
   bump or when you 'get air'.
   JDeryke
   Your current configuration is correct. The engine needs to be able to
   flex in both directions.
   The drawing seems a bit unclear on the matter.
   Thomas
   > 1 sep. 2020 kl. 05:30 skrev Mike Becker <[6]mikebecker679 at gmail.com>:
   >
   >   Ok Experts,
   >
   >  What is the correct configuration for the engine mount pucks?
   Attached
   >  is a picture of my engine which has always had the setup as
   >  pedestal-puck-mount-pedestal, but I always questioned the puck being
   on
   >  top-side of the engine mount (it doesn't seem to serve any purpose
   in
   >  that position).  But I've seen other cars with the same odd
   >  configuration.  The tech manual, also attached, clearly shows both
   >  pucks go in between the pedestal and engine mount.  Which is the
   >  correct configuration?
   >
   >  Mike Becker - 1741, San Diego

   > <BeckerEngine.jpg>
   > <2020-08-31 20.12.09 (Large).jpg>

   use the links above.

   > !DSPAM:5f4dc05c264791721022578!
   use the links above.

   !DSPAM:5f4de23b73092057113281!
--
Real life:   Thomas Toernblom             Email:    [11]thomas at hax.se
Snail mail:  Banvallsvaegen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18