[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Moving?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:30:14 EDT 2020

I must have lost track with the De Tomaso ownership, I thought they were owned by the Chinese outfit Ideal Team Ventures and that Tom Kim in San Francisco was a part of or front that, in which case it would come as no surprise they are moving back to the US. If they see their largest market as the US the decision may be driven by the relatively new small volume manufacturer laws.

In that regard whatever happened to the carbon GT5-S for $350k that they supposedly took so many deposits for?

Timing wise I'm surprised any company would make the commitment and announcement before knowing the outcome of the looming election and potential impacts on corporate taxes.

Julian