[DeTomaso] BaT: Non-running survivor '74 sells for $95K

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Nov 4 23:53:04 EST 2020

I shouldn't be such a critic. There are plenty of things not original or
definitely well-used to know this car most likely has more than 9,000
miles on it.  I compiled a list but why bother sharing, you've probably
noted those items already.

Yes, it had slight body damage and a repaint (noted in receipt). Yes, it
shows original Arriva's but notes indicate they didn't come with the car
when traded in earlier.  Some engine parts aren't original, but it looks
like some original parts come with it.

I'm probably about as cheap as they get.  I probably wouldn't have paid
$95K for this car, but it does appear to be in relatively good shape.  I
would say it's in -some- better shape than 5533 when I bought it, but
there are other aspects (mechanically) that I can't verify.

The nice thing is that it doesn't look molested to a point of no
return.  It's really close to stock if a person wanted to go that route,
or it's a nice base model to start from and make it your own, which is
what I would do, as tastefully as I could and as I did with 5533 (for
the most part).

I'm sure the buyer is probably thrilled and that's fine.  They spent
what they felt it was worth to them and I hope they come here to
experience the wealth of knowledge and experience this group gives out,
to make the new owners experience the best it can be.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES-ACS EC/RO
******************************
https://w7tsc.org
https://www.teampanteraracing.com

[1]https://w7tsc.org
[2]https://www.teampanteraracing.com

   On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 12:42 Mike & Elizabeth [3]<[1]mbefthomas2 at gmail.com>
     [3][5]https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-detomaso-pantera-project/?

   1. [8]mailto:mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
   2. [9]https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-detomaso-pantera-project/?utm
   3. [10]https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-detomaso-pantera-project/?utm_s
ource=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_watched_listing_ended
   4. [11]mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com