[DeTomaso] Heater Core Hose Connection woes

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:07:13 EDT 2020

While I've got my 73 Pantera's HVAC box on the workbench, I got to measuring
its heater hose connections.

The nipple ridge diameter on the heater valve measures 0.640" with a 0.600"
diameter behind the nipple.  Pretty close to what's standard for a 5/8"
heater hose.

The crazy nipple ridge diameter on heater core however, measures a whopping
0.760" which makes it a "Real" stretch to get a 5/8" heater hose onto it but
at the same time,

it's tubing diameter behind the nipple measures a 5/8" hose friendly 0.600".
What in the world was DeTomaso thinking?

Has anyone found a good solution to this?  I'm tempted to take the core to a
radiator shop and have them braze on a proper size 5/8" nipple.

Doug Braun

Blue 73L #5505

--
https://www.avg.com