[DeTomaso] Pantera AmeriSport GT5S 1987 Parts Info Request - Montana 5/18/20

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 18 15:13:45 EDT 2020

Mike,

When the global auto industry switched to 17-character VINs De Tomaso followed suit. All De Tomaso cars built after that date had both a traditional De Tomaso THPN chassis number and an alphabet soup number. The longer number is the official VIN on those cars.

Most I have seen end in the same digits as the shorter De Tomaso VIN. Perhaps the Amerisport cars were different and just had random numbers like this one?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone