[DeTomaso] Car just quits

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Mon May 11 16:34:07 EDT 2020

Mike,
My car did just that - died on hard braking.
One of the members told me to adjust the Holly's secondary floats while the engine was running.
Did just that.  Lowered the float settings, started the car, then raised the float level to the bottom of the open port on the side of the rear float chamber and it solved the problem.
I had been afraid to have the float level port open while the car was running.  When adjusting with the car stopped the float level was set too high and on a hard stop the fuel would slosh into the carb's secondary venturies and flood out the car.
Fred Foreman