[DeTomaso] Throttle cable length problem

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat May 9 15:31:17 EDT 2020

Julian brings up an interesting point regarding manufacturing in China. However, by this time I think the entire world knows that quality control/safety /honesty in China is dubious, at best. This is despite the fact that modern manufacturing techniques are more or less hands-off and as long as input data and equipment is good the product can be manufactured in Detroit Michigan or a village in Vietnam with the same results.

Therefore, a vendor who was sincerely concerned about satisfactorily serving his clients, would institute his own quality control and when items were found to be lacking he would not pass them on to his clients. Cost of doing business. Resolve it with the supplier who failed his task rather than ignore it and put the onus on proper functioning with the buyer.

And in my specific case, a throttle cable, a vendor’s poorly redesigned “improved” piece would be a poorly redesigned piece wherever it was manufactured.

Larry