[DeTomaso] 72 Project Pantera Sold on BaT for $44K - Anyone we know?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 10:09:50 EDT 2020

As I have said previously it is not uncommon to see disproportionate sales prices at the low end and for project cars, there are far more people wanting to get into a Pantera that don't have $75K+. They can however get something like this and dribble cash into it over time. Yes these cars typically end up costing more in the long run, but that is the only entry option for a select group of the market. Then on top of that most Pantera's are modified to soem degree so getting one in this condition affords the new owner the opportunity to build the car he wants, in this case a UK based race car apparently.

There is virtually no such thing as a complete $20-25K Pantera anymore and I would challenge Mike to point to anything that has sold in that price range in a good while!

Julian