[DeTomaso] Shelby GT5-S on Discovery at 9 pm tonight

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 01:44:43 EDT 2020

Spoiler alert: they didn’t destroy the car the way the Gas Monkey Garage monkeys did (twice!)

The finished car looks right. The show had a bunch of stupid scripted car shows drama, but in general they seemed to do a good job.

It uses a draw-through turbo system but I can’t figure out how the air gets into the engine. It goes through the air cleaner, carb, intake, turbo, intercooler...and then a miracle happens. How does it get from the intercooler back into the engine?

They never show the engine clearly so I wasn’t able to see.

Mike

Sent from my iPad