[DeTomaso] Stock Ford Mirror Removal

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 17:53:30 EDT 2020

Another tip to remove stuck screws is to use your cordless drill/driver.  Set the clutch on the chuck to a low setting, like 3 or 4, then proceed to try to remove the screw, allowing the clutch to slip while you continue to have the driver reversing.  This will cause your drill/driver to act like an impact driver on the screw and will almost always loosen a stuck screw after a few minutes.  This method has never failed me yet.

--- original message ---Penetrating oil should help from the top too.  Putting a little valve grinding compound in the screw heads, and a brand new Phillips bit, works wonders in helping get stuck screws out.

Jeff #2467