[DeTomaso] Working on dual MC conversion like Goran (Hemi Pantera)

Joseph F Byrd, Jr byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 20 22:25:20 EDT 2020

I should stop thinking as I get so aggravated when I can’t recall how to do this stuff

In the simplest modelling, the braking system will have two equations, one for force and the other volume

The force is how much can the driver put on the pedal, amplified by lever rations and piston areas to put a desired force on the rotor.

(Driver’s foot) times the (pedal ratio) times the (MC piston area) gives the (PSI).   the (PSI) times the (caliper area) gives the (pad force on the rotor).

The volume is area traveled by the pistons during the production of the force.  For brakes this pedal travel is not a desired response like that by the hydraulic circuit of the clutch, but the inherent minimal travel from the calipers pulled back by its seal (and hose swell from pressure increase)

(caliper piston area) times the (pad pull back) gives the volume change as pressure is produced.   That volume change divided by the MC piston area gives the MC stroke, and finally the MC stroke time the inverse of the pedal ration gives the drives foot on the pedal travel.

The pedal can not be pushed any farther in an attempt to create any more pad force on the rotor.