[DeTomaso] Ford mirror part number?

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:19:00 EDT 2020

Mike,

My car is apart so here are the stock door mirror numbers that I can read the numbers off them.
One says  D3TB - 17743 - DA
The other says  C7AF - 17743 - ?? (last 2 letters are un-readable)
My notes say I've seen another Pantera's stock C7AF mirror where the last 2 letters were also unreadable so it must be a casting flaw.

Looking at the 2 mirrors, they look identical such that either one could be used on either side.
Looking at both from the top, both of their pivot ball posts have about a 10 degree cant to the left so again they appear identical but this does offset the glass about 1/10th inch to the left.
The only subtle difference I see between the two mirrors is at the top of the casting where the pivot ball post is pressed into.  This area of the casing kind of looks like a mini 70 Mach1 bullet mirror housing.  On the C7AF mirror this mini-bullet is symmetrical in both its top-view and side while the D2TB mirror's mini bullet has a leftward cant to its rear face (top view) and upward cant (side view).  But this difference between mirrors may be due to nothing more than casting/grinding/plating variance.

I haven't bought one to verify it but this mirror from Scott Drake might be a match:
https://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/67-73-std-outside-mirror-lh-rh-c7az-17696-a

They also have a convex-glass version (provides a wider view) for the right side as:
https://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/67-73-standard-mirror-w-convex-c7az-17696-c

They retail these mirrors through various Mustang vendors such as
National Parts Depot  www.npdlink.com
and  CJ Pony Parts  www.cjponyparts.com

Doug Braun
Blue 73L #5505