[DeTomaso] Tom's right on. Petersen's is a promo. It's NOT the ORIGINAL

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 20:09:05 EDT 2020

Just talked with good friend, Gary Wales, who was a best friend and neighbor of the late George Barris.  Seems Tom is absolutely right on the ORIGINAL (one only) Batmobile being built on the Lincoln Futura.  He wasn't sure but thinks the car was sold for somewhere between 4 to 6m.  So all's true.  He said there have been many copies made since, maybe 50.  He in fact, is a custom car builder and built his own prize winning Winged Warrior.  If you are interested, look up some of the original creations of Gary Wales on Facebook.  No PC but he's now working on his tribute recreation of the Beast of Turin.
Laurie (lots of time on my (washed) hands during this Covid-19 days).
Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 18:08:51 EDT 2020
Original TV Batmobile was built from the LIncoln Futura concept car.  I think Ford sold it to George Barris for $1.
The original Batmobile sold at BJ auction 3 or 4 years ago for $6M.
Tom5186

   Tom Shinrock [1]tmshinro at aol.com
   Sun Mar 15 18:08:51 EDT 2020