[DeTomaso] Corona Virus... nix on Fun Rallye for me but SoWest flights to Phoenix only 49.

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 12:48:34 EDT 2020

I don't believe we have accurate facts as to how many are currently affected with this.  As example, I have a close teacher friend who has developed fever, aches, feels weak, and is concerned about having this virus and spreading it.  She went to the doctor yesterday and was told she could not be tested unless she's been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive (how's that possible when people aren't being tested?) ... or if having just come back from another country.   So, let's say she's contagious, she's been in contact with countless students (and me about a week ago). I've been in Portland for the past two months.  The elementary school in Lake Oswego, a few minutes away, reported an employee tested positive; school immediately closed down.  Now as I hear, all the schools in Oregon have closed. Wasn't in the school but was at the Science Museum where hundreds of kids were touching, smelling, and eating everything in sight.  LA Unified wont close because all students do not have access to WIFI in order to do lessons at home and many are fed in school, yet teachers have been told NOT to go out of state, no assemblies allowed, no gathering larger than class size, (which feels like 250 in LA... just kidding) approx. 35 to 40. I have no idea who has this or who doesn't but I'm sure I don't want it.  Call me crazy but I'm just od'ing on Vit C, Zinc and except for shopping for a year's supply of fruits and veggies the other day that I have no more room for, I'm kind of staying put. Already played chemist making my own hand sanitizer. There's NO more alcohol on shelves now except the drinking kind, which isn't so bad. It's pouring outside anyway, a rarity here!  I'm just fine; about to watch funny movies, try making a Pantera coloring book with my new program, and later a strawberry short cake... why not, I have at least a week left.Laurie