[DeTomaso] Technical Assistance Needed - Pulling Brake Booster/Pedal Plate

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:41:36 EDT 2020

As part of my tear-down for the restoration of 6328 I'm in the process of
pulling the brake booster and pedal plate.  I've removed the 7 nuts around
the pedal place and can begin to pull it away from the body structure on the
right (clutch master) side but it still seems to be attached in some fashion
at the booster.  When looking at the space behind the booster from inside
the car, I see three bolts, one each on top and bottom on the right and one
on the center line of the booster on the left.  The left and lower right
bolts are on standoff nuts also holding (what I'm calling) the brake pedal
travel limiter bracket.  Do these three bolts also need to be removed to
pull the booster and pedal rack?  What else should I be looking for?

Thanks as always!

Mike Thomas

Panteras Northwest

Yellow (and will stay that way) '74 L #6328

Our email address has changed: Please use mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
<mailto:mbefthomas2 at gmail.com>  for all new messages, thanks!