[DeTomaso] Brake Master Cylinder Issue

R.J. willibillie at live.de
Wed Mar 4 13:25:51 EST 2020

That is for sure an US replacement part. The booster and the master are
not factory. My guess is, it comes from Hall or Precission Proformance.
The master is a generic US car part.

Roland Jaeckel

Former DeTomaso Parts Center Europe.

Am 04.03.2020 um 18:33 schrieb Bill Cartus via DeTomaso:
>     My brake master cylinder was leaking so I took it off. I can easily see
>     that the problem is the larger rubber 'o-ring' has a small crimp in it
>     (not sure how it was even working unless the rear portion was doing
>     most of the work), but it appears no one sells a repair kit (per
>     Wilkinson rep I talked with). I can't see spending $289 for a whole new
>     master cylinder when a $1 part will take car of it.  Does anyone know
>     where I can get these parts? Has anyone used an after market unit from
>     Summit Racing (as an example) replacing the tandem unit attached to the
>     booster?  I have a 1972 car and assume it has an Italian factory
>     replacement unit from around 2016. Attaching a small pic below.  All
>     advice appreciated.
>     Thanks,
>     Bill Cartus #3633.

   That is for sure an US replacement part. The booster and the master are
   not factory. My guess is, it comes from Hall or Precission Proformance.
   The master is a generic US car part.

   Roland Jaeckel

   Former DeTomaso Parts Center Europe.

   My brake master cylinder was leaking so I took it off. I can easily see
   that the problem is the larger rubber 'o-ring' has a small crimp in it
   (not sure how it was even working unless the rear portion was doing
   most of the work), but it appears no one sells a repair kit (per
   Wilkinson rep I talked with). I can't see spending $289 for a whole new
   master cylinder when a $1 part will take car of it.  Does anyone know
   where I can get these parts? Has anyone used an after market unit from
   Summit Racing (as an example) replacing the tandem unit attached to the
   booster?  I have a 1972 car and assume it has an Italian factory
   replacement unit from around 2016. Attaching a small pic below.  All
   advice appreciated.
   Thanks,
   Bill Cartus #3633.

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.