[DeTomaso] New series kicking off with a Pantera

timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 10:59:49 EST 2020

 Carroll personally told me a different story. He said that they never intended to really offer the car. They were trying to determine the layout (front/mid/rear engine) for the car that would be eventually become the Viper. He said they wanted the press to link Chrysler to high performance in the meantime and the entire Pantera program was a ruse for publicity, as well as the platform study.