[DeTomaso] Heater Control Panel

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Sun Mar 1 22:55:43 EST 2020

Since I am having the interior of our car redone in grey leather I needed to pull all the "stuff" from the center console.  So, out comes the heater control panel - which was pretty rough - most of the "chrome" was worn off of the letters and edges.  Found a Krylon Silver Leafing Pen at a hobby store - $10 - and tried it out.  I am very pleased with the result - chisel point on the pen makes it very easy to control where the paint goes.  15 minutes and wow!  Not as shiny as the original chrome-like finish - but flip side - not all that much less shiny.  Looks so much better.

Stephen Nelson.