[DeTomaso] Reverse Gear

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Tue Jun 30 19:52:08 EDT 2020

Spent some time on the phone with Dennis, while talking to him I removed the spring loaded detent on the right side of trans, could see the shaft doing all it was supposed to do, but, looking down through the oil fill hole, reverse gear not moving.  Something between the shaft and the gear is not doing its thing.  Should have the transaxle out tomorrow and off to Pantera Performance.  Surprisingly easy to get ready to pull the transaxle - this is a good thing!

Good news, nothing nasty in the oil, so don't think I've trashed the trans, something just isn't doing what it supposed to do.

Steve