[DeTomaso] Dropped Batter Box - Battery / Ground Cables

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Sun Jun 28 17:48:18 EDT 2020

Mike,

I ran my cables under the trunk floor. The positive cable runs from the rocker panel up behind the fuse block as it did originally but instead of going up into the trunk I ran it across a few inches past the access hole for the front A-arm and punched it through there. Then you have direct access to the side of the battery box. The negative cable I ran out the other side of the box and bolted it to my lower front chassis brace. I have toyed with the idea of adding a remote battery disconnect switch in the short run for the negative cable but have not resolved that thought as of yet.
I have attached a photo of the battery box and one of the footwell access area. Apologizes to the forum as I do not have my photo editing software installed yet and the photos are large and likely have been stripped.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

What is typically done with the battery/ground cables and frame connections
when installing a dropped battery box in the frunk?  Attached is a pic one
of y'all sent me but the solution for the cables is not clear from this
shot.

Thanks

Mike Thomas

Panteras Northwest

[...]