[DeTomaso] Water pump

Bob rcbsons1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 16:44:46 EDT 2020

Only had three Edelbrock water pumps fail
Absolute junk in my opinion
All in Windsor engines.  Two in the Pantera sheared impellers    Third one had the fan come off in my Gt 350r clone. Part that you bolt your fan on slid off and almost took out the Shelby hood.  Only wrecked the radiator and two March pulleys
Only reving to 6800.  So if you are just cruising then it may be ok
Have flow cooler now with no issues
I usually put a new one on when freshening
an engine or fixing a blown up one
even if they are good.  Use as spares if needed

Bob Benson
Not a fan Edelbrock stuff but was at Laguna one night when they brought out a cake for his 85th birthday.  I did sing:)
Sent from my iPhone