[DeTomaso] Water pump options

charlesmccall at gmail.com charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:07:19 EDT 2020

Hi all

Replacing the water pump on my engine to fix an oil leak (long story) and
there has been some debate in the past on this forum about the best option.

Summit has a few options:

Flowkooler - $116

Edelbrock - $263

Miloden 16355 - $68

Miloden 16235 - $112

Summit Racing - $81

Link here:

<https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/make/ford/engine-size/5-8l-351/engi
ne-family/ford-cleveland?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword
=water%20pump%20351c>
https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/make/ford/engine-size/5-8l-351/engin
e-family/ford-cleveland?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=
water%20pump%20351c

I remember that people in the past were very happy with Flowkooler, and
others were quite disappointed. What is the current recommendation for water
pump? Are any of the cheaper options reliable? What are your thoughts?

Thank you