[DeTomaso] 400 Cleveland Spotted!

Steve Liebenow steven.liebenow at att.net
Sat Jun 13 16:53:02 EDT 2020

Greetings!!!

Been offline a long while......house reno's, moving, life, slow internet, not a lot of time for dinking around!
Until yesterday.......had to go pick up a Cougar part in Fresno, so figured I'd see if I couldn't pay for my trip by hitting a couple of self serve auto wreckers to see if there were any treasures!  Well there were.....but that's a different story!
One thing I did spot at the Merced Pick-n-Pull was a beautiful 1971 Galaxie LTD with a 2V 400 engine in it!  (Row 48 or 49).....   This is their "sorta classic" area so doesn't get as much traffic....... cars I was looking into were set down for the masses back in Feb to show you how slow things are......they were still there.....largely unmolested.

Engine complete pan to intake...carb is the only thing missing off of it for the most part!
I looked at the bellhousing bolt pattern and this one does have the "tall" (351M) pattern and associated transmission bolted up to it at this time.  I do NOT know if this is a dual pattern block.......
I'm just throwing this out for anyone who may be looking for a reasonably priced block/engine and are in the 'hood to go get it.
Anyone need a very odd 1967 Cadillac drivetrain???  Some odd 2 door model, that I didn't recognize...emblems gone...it was hot....I was focused elsewhere.....clean engine (Caddy valve covers were unusual) and trans........
Cheers!
Steve