[DeTomaso] Pic of the Day - Part Deux

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:30:27 EDT 2020

Ok, the earlier Pic of the Day was an L with a fresh coat of yellow.  I
couldn't help but send along a pic of 6328 ready to go off for her refresh.
We should be going off to the metal magician next week and be in our LYD
(that's Little Yellow Dress) by this time next year.  Yeah baby!

An interesting and kinda funny note.  As I was scraping the undercoating
from the left front wheel well, I found a good bit of rust at the forward
end of the rocker/back of the wheel well.  As I continued to remove the
undercoating, I found to bits of auto trim material that had simply been
screwed in over the obvious rust holes in the rocker, just outboard of the
piece of heavy frame where the front jack point is.  I was finally able to
extract both pieces only find some pretty heinous holes.  When I took a
closer look at the larger piece, it was a piece of trim off of a Mercury,
had the Mercury logo in nice black letters on a shiny chrome background.
How ironic that they would use a piece of Mercury trim to patch a hole in a
Pantera, sold at a Lincoln Mercury dealer.  I'm going to have to add that
one to my trophy stash.

Cheers.  Hope all are well and safe.

Mike Thomas

Panteras Northwest