[DeTomaso] round table pizza car

Rich Hoppe richbhoppe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:59:40 EDT 2020

Let me start by saying I wanted the car to run at the Fun Rally and in Jan
when I put gas in it the 2000 dollar fuel cells let the fuel run on the
floor of my garage.

So it took 4 months to get the fuel cells custom built again for 3200
dollars.

I had the car on the Apex motorsports club track for the first time on Sat
and it ran great.
I was running with all the $150k-$250k Porsche's RS c or something but I it
did not embarrass the mark.

Porsche guys came up to me and said that car sounds so good.  I was driving
kind of easy short shifting at  6500  to 7000.  Max hp is 7800.

It is a lot of car for this wheel man.   I need to install better brakes
and newer tires.
I have michelin sport cups but racing slicks would be better.
I thought I wanted to be able to install the original 15 inch race wheels
that came with the car so decided to not install bigger rotors. I have
wilwood brakes with rotors that fit under 15 inch wheel. Not big enough

Some of the Porsche's are better than this driver on the curves  but not by
much and on the straights I show horsepower advantage.

So it was a great day. Only scared myself a few times.  No spins. Each lap
is about 140 mph

I have been out on the track before with my Porsche 944 Turbo and I have
spun each time out. The turbo and the balance of the car trick me.

I tell people and I believe that the Pantera has a little bit of Devil in
it so I am trying to be more  careful when I drive it than the porsche.

It was only 72 to 93 degrees in Phoenix so it was a good day to run and it
was fun. I started a7 am and was done by 10;30.  I am going to be 70 years
old why do I still like to do this?
Rich